Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Day at An Antiques Expo

On a lovely weekend at the end of September I attended a great local antique show, Gadsden's Milton Fall Antique Expo, at the Milton Farm Museum.

There were so many great vendors and I only managed to snap a few photos with my iPhone. The variety of items was wonderful and so many nice vendors. The prices, which I am sure were competitive and reasonable, were too high for our tight budget. I knew that ahead of time but loved going just for the inspiration and as a means of comparing my thrifty finds. Besides, it was a beautiful day and I figured the $9 admission price was well worth the eye candy. 
Loved the great antique mantel and I am always a sucker for stars, especially these tin ones.

 Lots of great wood antique pieces, many of them early Canadian pieces from Ontario and Quebec.


Vintage maps, great signage and frames with lots of patina.


More great sideboards, cupboards and mirrors. The uniquely rounded front hanging cupboard on the far left of this photo was getting a lot of attention.


I loved this contemporary Canadiana folk art called THE CANADIAN EXPRESS by PEI artist Kerras Jeffery. What a conversation piece this would be, but at $2,595 not for the average homeowner.


There was a great selection of vintage ironstone at the different dealers. An antique show like this would be a great spot to pick up an instant collection but it would be pricey. The large platter was marked $32.

Check out the old porch posts and the lovely counter or island. Loved the patina on the old cupboards and stepbacks too.


This was my favourite booth, with I think 3 vendors in one space. Fabulous items, but quite a bit out of my budget.


Lots of vintage, French and industrial pieces.

booth in last two photos:Tattered and Torn and Pelican

I thought this was a great way to spend a lovely Fall day, wandering the aisles and admiring the vintage collectibles. I may not have purchased anything, but I got lots of inspiration and found a few items at a thrift store on the way home. I might just have to save up a bit for next year's show. Have you attended a vintage or antique show in your area recently?

12 comments:

  1. Elizabeth - Looks like a fun day!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great things, I love that counter or island! As I have found around here, things seem to be quite pricey. Did you see buyers, or just lookers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be lovely to visit but at those prices I wonder if they sold a lot of things. Definitely out of my budget too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day was had by all. Soooo what did your buy???

    I find these shows a little pricey.
    I think I love the Lakefield one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so jealous! I live just 5 minutes from Country Heritage Park. I so wanted to attend but we had other pressing plans that weekend! Your photos have me excited to attend next time!
    By the way - do yo live near Milton??
    Bronwyn
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous stuff! Too bad the prices are so high. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great show. I missed out on the Christie sale, which I love going to. Nothing like a day at an antique market.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been to an antique show like this...I would love to though. There is a huge one twice a year in a town about an hour from where I live and I just need to do it. Beautiful day too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been to an outdoor market like that, but it looks like loads of fun! I would've probably been very tempted to bring something home if I had been there. Can't wait to see what you bought on the way home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a wonderful way to spend the day! I want those columns!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear I can’t stop staring at this cup board photos!!! Do you have any idea how much it will cost?! Thanks…
    LeLouvre-Antiques.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The booth shown at the end was Kim Davies from tattered and torn she also has a booth at Southworks in Galt. I was just at her house yesterday to drop off an old couch I found on the side of the road! She is having a barn sale next month with a few other vendors in her barn! can't wait! I missed this show and missed Christie as well! :(

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...