Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Grey Knit Star and Vintage Flashcards

 A sweet friend surprised me with a grey knit star this week and I added it to the display in our kitchen hutch.


I love the chunky wool it is stitched with and look forward to using it in lots of vignettes.


 I am still searching for more ironstone and white pieces for my cabinets and shelves but I like how the collections are growing.


I also added a few vintage farm themed flashcards to the shelves.


 We kind of like farm themes around here!


Thanks T for the sweet star and for thinking of me! We are looking forward to our youngest son's Confirmation and family get together this weekend. I sewed a new bedskirt for our king bed and need to hem the curtains before I share some photos. I also am in the middle of painting a dresser for my sister. That is just some of the projects we are working on. I have some real project ADD. Is there intervention for that? hehe.

I'm sharing this at...

14 comments:

20 North Ora said...

I really like your flashcards next to your animals. Cute idea.

Judy

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Whew, you've got a lot of projects going on girl! Love your new star! How nice of your friend to make it for you. The chunky yarn looks great!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute styling and love the flash cards.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

The star is so cute - love its chunkiness and its blueness.

Patty Sumner said...

I love your knitted blue star. I am beginning to love white ironstone pieces more and more...I have several, but, am loving your white cabinet! Blessings!

PlantWerkZ said...

Your choice is so beautiful. You blue star looking so nice. Thank you. PlantWerkz

anangloinquebec said...

You have a lovely collection of ironstone and such a nice variety of pieces. That star is so sweet sitting there. It really draws the eye in.

Holly Browning said...

I lie that knubby star start, too. Adds great texture to that white back drop. I like all the ironstone you do have! Pretty!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Darling display...love those farm flash cards.

Blessings,
Linda

Crafty Gardener said...

Love that little star.
Your flashcards remind me of when I taught out girls to read ... there were words all through the house in front of things and they would go around and read them, or I would give them a few and they had to go around and put them in front of the items. A fun way to learn to read.

Dawn said...

Sounds like you have a lot of projects going, can't wait to see them all. It is so nice when someone gives you such a special little gift, like the star. It is just perfect.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Love the chunky knit star a very thoughtful addition to your home!
The fun you will have adding it to different vignettes!
Everything looks fantastic, the flashcards are so sweet and that little calf is adorably cute!
Have a great weekend!
All the Best,
Christine

Dee said...

what a fabulous gift - it just adds such lovely texture & colour to your collection. I love your vignettes & animals - such fun.

Dee at the Carlton

Nellie's Cozy place said...

what a fun gift, and it looks great on your shelves. Love the addition of the flash cards, and love the way you have accessorized your shelves, they
look super!
Blessings, Nellie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...