Saturday, February 1, 2014

Half Bath Before a Work in Progress

We have a half bath, or powder room, off our front entry that has been in need of a makeover for some time. It is a small space with no window and a pedestal sink.

I have been waffling over using bead board, or one wall in rustic wood planks, and even board and batten. Since I have been having so much trouble deciding (and have other projects in need of funds) I am going to go ahead and give the room a fresh new colour and live with it for awhile. The faucet needs replaced and I may move the light to our upstairs hallway if I can find one I like.


In this before photo you can see the first coat of fresh ceiling paint but not the nicks and holes in the drywall from lots of abuse use. I touched up the grout in August 2012 and shared it in this post. The grout refresh looks as good as the day I did it. Pretty cool since this is our main entry (no mudroom) and sees tons of traffic and snow and salt. This bathroom was previously painted in BM Monroe Bisque but read a bit too yellow for my liking.

After work this week I have spent a few hours picking up supplies, patching and sanding nicks and screw holes, and giving the ceiling a second coat of white ceiling paint. Today I will start painting the trim and door with Ben Moore Snowfall White (our trim paint colour throughout our home.) Then it will be time to paint the walls. I can hardly wait to see the new colour on the walls. The reveal will be a bit because I need to still find a few items and figure out how to trim out the plain builder mirror.

10 comments:

  1. I am sure it is going to be fabulous. I love a good makeover. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've done some wise planning for what you want to change. Can't wait to see the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love a re-do!! I can wait for the be reveal! I'm thinking it's going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be so nice when it is all done & decorated! Have fun! We are in the same boat but with the girls bathroom (main bathroom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a fun makeover. Can't wait to see what you do. Have a good time painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lights for bathrooms are hard to find, aren't they? I have yet to find a flushmount I love. I can see what you mean about the yellow tone. A fresh coat of paint may allow you to see the bathroom in a new light ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you do to it. I wished we had an extra bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas... why didn't I find your blog earlier? I'm one of your new followers-fans... if you wish to follow back... www.ttbdivas.blogspot.com
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure it will be stunning, you are so crafty! Have you thought about tinting the ceiling with a blue or green? I've seen it in small rooms and it looks stunning!

    BTW, love the hutch in your previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing what you have accomplished in your powder room!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...