Saturday, April 26, 2014

Out and About and An Update

I took an unexpected blog break. We had a long winter and Spring has been very slow pulling into our area. My decorating and diy drive took a hit and I just wasn't inspired to blog after long days at my real job. I have been out and about recently looking to get some inspiration. One of the spots I visited recently was Artefacts in St. Jacobs, Ontario. Gorgeous reclaimed pieces and architectural salvage.
 above two photos: Artefacts
The second stop was Timeless Material Co. in Waterloo. It is the sister company of Kieswetter Demo and the 1870's barn has four floors of antique lumber and salvaged goodness, Farrow and Ball paints, and furniture pieces and mantels crafted from the reclaimed materials.


above two photos: Timeless Material Co.

I switched our leather couch to the family room and I'm saving up for a new sofa for the living room. I sold a few furniture pieces to add to the funds. This vintage secretary was one of the pieces I sold. I took out the wobbly cubbies and advertised it as storage/bar and it sold fast for 8 times what I paid for it. Last year's garage sale went really well so I have been spending some time organizing for one in the next month or so. I plan to add more vintage items to the sale this year.


Our family is doing well and our guys recently celebrated their 17th and 15th birthdays. I just celebrated my 49th.


Hockey season has finished up and we are proud of our youngest son who won League Most Improved Player. 


I also finally found some affordable lamps in the style I wanted for our family room. I'll share photos of them with the couch switch soon. Since Spring is a bit elusive so far this year, we still need to get busy on some yard work. Hoping you have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. So glad to see you blogging again! I didn't know we were the same age! Happy Birthday! I'm excited about the changes you're making. Can't wait to see everything. Hopefully, Spring will find you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring certainly is elusive this year. We've been out working in the garden ... that darn grass just creeps into the flower beds. I just wish it was a bit warmer. Well done selling the secretary cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,
    Happy to have you back blogging. Happy Birthday to all! My hubs would love both of these shops.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy girl, I see! I loved this post and just catching up with you in general. Those are some marvelous reclaimed projects there.Y Your "bar" turned out great and I am glad you sold it for a good price. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Man..I hear ya about winter taking a toll and if you are working another job, I don't see how you could have time to blog. I am happy to see you back and I am inspired by your photos here today. I swapped out my galvanized steel headboard and so now I have those to work with some place else. I spotted some in one of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I didn't realize you were 'missing' for that long! Glad you're okay and it was just the winter/lousy spring doldrums. lol I love that barn beam coffee table. It must way a ton! I'll look forward to seeing what you've been doing around the house. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday all around! Love what you did with the end tables, they look great!

    I hope you are finally enjoying some good weather! It FINALLY feels like Spring in New England!

    Have a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to catch up with you, Elizabeth. The architectural salvage place looks amazing with all its fabulous items.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...