Thursday, June 5, 2014

A White Slipcovered Loveseat for Our Master Bedroom?

Between short strolls and lots of resting I have had plenty of time to search magazines and online for decorating inspiration. One of the areas that I will be tweaking is the bay window area of our master bedroom.


We I have lots of painting to {eventually} update on our exterior trim, main floor and  two upstairs bathrooms so my plans for changing the wall colour in our bedroom will have to wait. (This picture was taken two years ago and the wing back chair and drop leaf table have since been sold.)


We have a large flat screen TV on the wall opposite our bed and I have been looking for comfortable seating to enjoy the occasional TV show or movie, away from our teens and hockey games in the other TV rooms in our home. In an effort to keep the cost as low as possible with all the big ticket home improvements happening this year, I am thinking of using an inexpensive IKEA Ektorp loveseat with a white slipcover. Two comfy chairs and an ottoman would be really nice but more expensive. We have white slipcovers in our living room and family room so I can deal with the kids/dog/white part lol. I think with some cozy pillows, a throw and a little side table with lamp for my tea and book it will be a great spot. The new paint colour (and desperately needed new flooring) will have to wait awhile. 

We are fortunate to have 3 IKEA stores within an hour of us so as long as they have them in stock I will be getting hubby and the boys to pick one up soon. I just won't remind them that it comes in boxes and needs assembled haha.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great option, Elizabeth. I have the Ektorp chair in our living room, with the white slip cover, and I find it a very comfortable chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a comfy loveseat. Can you change the covers with different colours if you want to? We are just about finished a huge kitchen reno so I know what you mean about big ticket improvements. But it is so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a great idea brewing...I know the guys will be shocked when they pick up boxes...oh well...what they do not know won't hurt them...Excited to see the end result.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sneaky! LOL! I think that will look nice in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that idea, Elizabeth. I like the idea of the loveseat in there with some nice fluffy pillows. I wish we had an Ikea close by..our nearest one is over 4 hours and I have never been yet! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had an Ektorp sofa bed that I loved. I sold it to make a den into a guest room. My daughter has the Ektorp with the chaise and she built the entire piece herself.

    The Ektorp and the Expedit are my two favorite IKEA pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that spot, and can't wait to see how you decorate it...I'm sure it will look amazing! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...